Jalapeno Popper Taquitos
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses and the pickled jalapenos, set aside.
- Heat a small pan over low heat and lightly warm each tortilla until soft and pliable.
- Working quickly, fill each warm tortilla with ¼ cup of the cheese mixture. Roll each tortilla up tightly, ending the seam side down, to hold the taquito together. Repeat this process until all of the taquitos have been filled and rolled.
- To bread the taquitos, dredge them in the flour then dip into the egg, making sure they are fully coated. Lastly coat the taquito in the potato chip crumbs. Repeat the breading process until all of the taquitos are breaded.
- Heat the canola oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Test the oil to see if it’s hot enough by adding a tiny piece of tortilla. If the tortilla quickly bubbles and begins to brown, add the taquitos to the pan working in batches of 3.
- Allow the taquitos to fry undisturbed on the first side for 3-4 minutes or until the edges are turning a golden brown.
- Very carefully flip the taquitos using a slotted spoon or tongs then allow to fry for another 3-4 minutes on the second side.
- Once fully fried, remove the taquits from the pan and allow to drain on a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
- To serve, stack the taquitos on a large plate alongside a bowl of guacamole. Enjoy!
- Step 8 – Add more steps if need
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.