Jalapeno Honey Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F then generously butter a 12 inch cast iron skillet, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk. Alternate adding small amounts of the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients to the butter mixture, each time mixing just until combined.
- Fold in corn, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
- Pour batter into skillet then top with additional cheese and jalapeno sliced. Lastly drizzle over the honey.
- Bake the cornbread for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.