Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- In a small bowl, place the water, sugar and yeast, mix well. Set aside for 5-10 minutes for the yeast to develop. In a separate bowl, combine the bread flour and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the water, yeast and sugar mixture and mix on low. Slowly add the flour until it forms a shaggy dough and pours in the oil. Turn the mixer to medium-high and let it knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough rise in a greased bowl, covered with oil-brushed cling wrap and a kitchen towel, for about 1 – 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll into a rectangle about 12″ x 14″. Top with the shredded cheese and the chopped jalapenos. Roll the dough up, like a jelly roll cake or cinnamon rolls. Cut the dough in the middle (giving you two roughly 7″ rolls), then insert a pair of kitchen shears in the center and cut through the top two layers (or so), exposing the cheese and jalapeños inside.
- Place both rolls side by side and twist together, like a braid and place in a greased and parchment-lined loaf pan. Cover with oil-brushed cling wrap and a kitchen towel and let rise again, another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake (feel free to top with more cheese, ’cause duh, cheese is life) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack and cooling completely, at least 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.