Green Chilaquiles with Carnitas and Eggs
- Dredge the pieces of braised pork into the flour shaking off any of the excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet pour the canola oil and fry the floured pork until it is golden brown and crispy. Remove and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Shred the pieces and set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat up the salsa verde then set aside half for later.
- Crush a handful of tortilla chips by hand and add it to the skillet with the salsa verde tossing to incorporate.
- Place a few tortilla chips into the center of the bowl.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the pork, poblano chilies, roma tomatoes, cilantro and green onions tossing to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook through.
- Add in the beaten eggs and cook until lightly scrambled and runny on the top and edges.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and add a handful of crushed tortilla folding to incorporate.
- Layer the egg mixture on top of the chips in the bowl.
- Sprinkle some roma tomatoes, green onions , cilantro leaves and parmesan cheese over the chilaquiles. (sour cream is optional)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.