Green Bean Casserole
1. Cut the stems on the green beans. Green beans may be cut in half if desired.
2. Add green beans to a large pot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain beans and transfer to a casserole dish.
3. Clean and slice mushrooms. Finely chop 1/2 the large onion. (Use the other half of onion to prepare homemade onion strings.)
4. In a skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Saute mushrooms with onions until golden.Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a bowl.
5. In the same skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Fry onion strings and garlic until light golden.
6. Add mushrooms, onions to the green beans and mix well. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
7. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Add to the green beans. Mix.
8. Sprinkle the cheese on the over everything. Add fried onions to the edges of the dish.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.