Upside-Down Jalapeno Cornbread
Recipe courtesy of Rockin’ Mama!
Instructions1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Saute the bell pepper in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until soft.
3) Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add buttermilk, melted butter and egg to dry ingredients and stir to combine (do not overmix) .
4) Stir in cheese, diced green onions and two-thirds of the can of sliced LA MORENA jalapenos .
5) Prepare a cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray. Layer the sliced bell peppers and the remaining one-third of the can of LA MORENA jalapenos on the bottom of the skillet, Pour the batter over the bell peppers and jalapenos.
6) Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
7) Run a knife around edge of cornbread. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
8) Place a plate over the skillet, and carefully flip over. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.