Tamale Pot Pies Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Honest & Truly!
Instructions1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove chicken meat from chicken and place in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add tomato sauce, corn, LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and salt. Turn on the mixer and blend until chicken is shredded, about a minute. You can also do this with a hand mixer. Slice the LA MORENA Whole Jalapeno Peppers, if using, and add. Stir the jalapenos in by hand to incorporate.
2) Divide the filling among 6 large ramekins or 8 smaller ramekins.
3) Prepare the topping by adding chicken stock and lard to a small pot and turn heat to medium. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat.
4) In an empty stand mixer bowl, add the masa harina, baking powder and salt. Stir to mix together. Pour the hot liquid into bowl while mixing. Add the LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and beat for a minute. You can also do this with a hand mixer.
5) Divide the topping into six or eight equal pieces, depending on the size of your ramekins. Pat into a circle and place atop each ramekin.
6) Cover the tamale pot pies with tin foil. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the foil and increase the heat to 425 degrees. Bake an additional 15 minutes (10 if using smaller ramekins).
7) Let cool 5-10 minutes, then serve.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.