Sweet Potato ‘Spaghetti’ Casserole
There’s nothing I love more than homemade spaghetti and meatballs! But let’s face it, my stomach doesn’t always enjoy the bloat afterwards! That’s why I love this healthy, but tasty, alternative. Sweet potatoes are a great source of complex carbohydrates, which means less sugar, more nutrients and a meal that will keep you feeling full longer than with traditional noodles.
The yellow sweet potato is slightly firmer than its cousin, the orange yam, so you’ll notice a little bit of a crunchy texture paired with the warm, ground meat. Top with a gluten-free, no-sugar-added marinara sauce for a gluten-free and paleo-friendly meal the whole family will love!
Use code COOKING to get $25 off at VeggieBullet.com!
Instructions1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Peel sweet potato and cut off both ends, creating a flat edge. Make sure the potato is thin enough to fit through the Veggie Bullet Spiralizer chute. Spiralize using the Veggie Bullet into a medium size bowl and set aside.
3) Shred 1/2 cup cheese from block of mozzarella into a small bowl using the Veggie Bullet's Shredding Blade and set aside.
4) Quarter cherry tomatoes using a paring knife.
5) Remove outer layer from 1/2 onion and slice using the Veggie Bullet's Slicer Blade into a medium size bowl.
6) Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sliced onion, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
7) Add ground chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking the ground chicken into pieces and cooking until no longer pink.
8) Transfer the cooked meat to an 8x8 oven-safe casserole dish.
9) In the same cooking pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook spiralized sweet potato for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
10) Transfer the cooked potatoes to the casserole dish, layering the "noodles" evenly on top of the meat.
11) Top with fresh marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella and tomatoes, and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
12) Remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes before digging in.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.