Spicy Patty Melt
If you’re not obsessed with patty melts, let us change your life with this Spicy Patty Melt. The jalapenos add the perfect kick to an already perfect recipe.
Instructions1) Slice jalapeños in half, remove the stem and de-seed. Place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, add ground beef, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Form into two patties. Set aside.
3) Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized. About 5 to 7 minutes. Watch the onions to make sure they don't burn. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, cook hamburger patties. Flip halfway through cooking. Cook about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, and add a few more minutes if you want it more well done. Remove from skillet.
5) Assemble your patty melts: bread, 1 slice swiss cheese, hamburger patty, caramelized onions, 2 roasted jalapeños per patty melt, 1 slice swiss cheese and top with bread.
6) Wipe skillet so it's clean. Melt remaining butter and grill the sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Make sure to flip halfway through.
7) Serve warm and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.