Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls
If you’ve never indulged in the perfection that is a cake ball, 1) Why? 2) Let us change your life! Which, trust us, these Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls will. They’re pretty fun to make and the hint of bourbon is divine. Of course, if you’re not a fan of bourbon, you can always leave it out or swap it for something else! Vodka? Rum? Grand Marnier?
- Bake red velvet cake according to package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, crumble cake into a large bowl using either your hands, a fork or both. Add bourbon to cake and combine.
- In a separate bowl, add powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crumbled red velvet cake and mix to combine. Using your hands, roll the red velvet mixture into bite-sized cake balls. Place on a sheet and chill until firm.
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl and melt. You can either use the double boiler method, or melt in the microwave on 30 second intervals, making sure to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Coat cake balls in melted chocolate and place on baking sheet. Chill once more until chocolate has hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.