Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Taste the rainbow grilled cheese! These recipes show you how to make natural food dye, so you can feel better about what you’re eating.
- Start off by making your food dyes! Chop purple cabbage and beets. Place in separate pots and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer. Continue simmering until water is colorful! This gives you a purple dye and red dye.
- To make blue food dye, add baking soda to purple dye until the desired color is achieved.
- Separate jack cheese into 3 bowls. Add one food dye to each bowl. Mix until combined and cheese is colorful.
- Layer red cheese, cheddar cheese, blue cheese and purple cheese on one slice of bread. Cover with the second slice.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and grill for about 3 minutes on both sides, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
*Note: if you don’t want to make your own food dye, you can use store-bough food coloring or food coloring paste*
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.