Mini Pies – Three Ways
Can’t decide if you want apple pie, cherry pie or chocolate pie? Don’t decide! Make them all with Mini Pies 3 Ways. Take any pie from ordinary to extraordinary with Odense Almond Paste!
Instructions1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2) Using separate bowls, combine all the ingredients for Apple and Cherry filling.
3) In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk pudding mix into 1 1/4 cups of milk. Add chocolate chips while heating, stirring until they are melted. Continue until mixture boils. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4) Roll out a single pie dough on a flat surface. Use a circular cookie cutter or lid to cut out a 4-inch circle of dough. Press each circle into the bottom of a muffin tin so that a tiny rim of dough remains sticking out. Repeat with remaining dough to fill all 12 muffin cups.
5) Slice Odense Almond Paste roll into 12 flat disks and place between wax paper. Thinly roll out almond paste, like pie crust and press into bottom and up sides of pie crust.
6) Fill each cup with about 1/4 cup pie filling of choice, or until the filling nearly fills the cups, leave 4 empty cups to be filled with Chocolate Cream after baking.
7) Use the remaining pie dough to cover the tops of each pie. To make a lattice crust, use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice. To make a standard crust, cut out a circle of dough just large enough to cover the top of the crust. Use your fingers to gently press the top crust to the bottom crust until they stick together and no gaps remain.
8) Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of each pie with the whisked egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes on the bottom oven rack, then remove unfilled crusts. Put filled pies back into oven for 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden and the filling begins to bubble.
9) Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.