Mexican Style Mac And Cheese
Mac and cheese is one of those comfort foods everyone loves. It’s rich, it’s creamy and it’s delicious. But best of all, it’s super easy to try to new things with it! Like this Mexican Style Mac & Cheese. It’s spicy, yummy and pretty darn easy to make (once you perfect the roux for the cheese sauce). Give it a try!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In an oven safe skillet over medium-hight heat, add oil and chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until half-way done, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are softened. Add black beans and pasta, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In another skillet, make cheese sauce. Melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Whisk constantly for about 3 minutes, until flour and butter are combined. While whisking, slowly add milk. Whisk until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in jack cheese, 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, jalapeño, adobo pepper, chili powder and cumin. Whisk until fully combined and thick.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta in the oven-safe skillet. Mix to combine and thoroughly coat chicken, veggies and pasta. Top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.