Meatloaf With Goat Cheese Marinara
Tired of normal meatloaf? Then you’re going to love this recipe for a seriously delicious meatloaf paired with an awesome and unexpected marinara sauce!
Instructions1) Start the marinara first. Heat butter in medium sauce pan and add onions. When softened add the red pepper flakes and sweat for another minute. Add the jar of marinara and reduce to a simmer.
2) Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
3) For the meatloaf, in a sauté pan heat olive oil on medium high and add onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then add carrots, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme and oregano. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
4) In a small bowl, mix together milk and bread crumbs.
5) In a large bowl mix the beef, ketchup, Worchestire sauce and eggs. Mix very well and add breadcrumb mixture, cooked vegetables, salt and pepper. Mix together until everything is thoroughly combined.
6) Grease any shaped pan that you desire. Anything from a bundt pan to a glass casserole dish is fine. The taller and fatter the pan is the longer the meatloaf will take to cook. Add meatloaf mixture to pan. Drizzle ketchup over the meatloaf and cover with foil. Bake for 45-85 minutes depending on the pan you chose. A thermometer should read 155F when placed in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
7) While meatloaf is cooling, turn the heat up slightly on the marinara and whisk in the goat cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
8) Slice meatloaf, cover with marinara sauce, serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.