LOVE Reveal Cake
Valentine’s Day is coming quickly, and we know you want to do something totally unique! Surprise that special someone with a LOVE Reveal Cake. Sure, they’ll just think it’s a normal cake at first, but you’ll know there’s a sweet message waiting for them on the inside!
Instructions1) Heat frozen raspberries in a medium saucepan, stirring and smashing until soft. Strain through a sieve until there are no seeds. Set aside.
2) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3) To make the red cake batter, combine 1 box of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, eggs, milk, butter, red food dye, raspberry puree, white vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl. Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. If necessary, add more food dye to achieve the right color.
4) Pour red cake batter into a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until baked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
5) Once the cake has cooled, cut it into 1-inch slices. With the cookie cutters of your choice, cut out as many of each letter needed to fill the depth of the pan. For ours, you will need L, O, V, E and a heart shape. Freeze letters for 1 hour.
6) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
7) To make the white cake batter, combine 1 box of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake, eggs, milk and butter in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Scoop into a piping bag or storage bag with the edge cut off.
8) Pour 1 inch of batter into the loaf pan, then stack the letters in the pan so that they spell LOVE followed by a heart. Pipe in the rest of the white batter, making sure to thoroughly cover all of the letters and the spaces in between.
9) Bake for 50 minutes or until baked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
10) Combine Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting with organic red or pink food dye, until your desired color is achieved. Once cake is cool, frost with pink frosting.
11) Top with fresh raspberries, serve and enjoy your LOVE cake!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.