Lime & Chili Crunch Shrimp Rolls
There’s nothing quite like fried shrimp. Especially when it’s covered with lime and dipped in chili.
Instructions1) Place oil in a skillet and set on very low flame.
2) Combine brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, zest and lime juice, sesame oil and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3) Add shrimp to marinade and place in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
4) Place egg roll wrapper pointed side down (so you’re seeing a diamond). Cut them all in half, so you have 12 - 16 triangle pieces.
5) Remove shrimp from the fridge. Brush an egg roll wrapper lightly with the egg wash and place the shrimp on the wrapper with the tail on the outside. Roll the shrimp from the bottom of the diamond to the top and make the seal as nice as possible. The tail should remain exposed but the rest of the shrimp body should be covered by the wrapper.
6) Check oil temperature and make sure you are between 355-375 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the shrimp off in small batches for 3-5 minutes or until you have a nice golden color on the wrapper.
7) Remove from oil onto a paper towel to drain and cool. Serve with Sambal hot sauce (or a hot dipping sauce of your choice) and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.