Ice Cream Donut Sandwich
Make the donuts, top with your favorite ice cream, LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE.
1) Lightly flour your work surface and slightly roll out puff pastry dough. Using two circle cookie cutters, one large and one small, cut out donuts from the puff pastry.
2) Fill a deep skillet halfway full with oil. Heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Add puff pastry donuts to hot oil and fry until golden brown, making sure to flip halfway through so both sides brown evenly. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
4) To make the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add butter, milk and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth. Dip donuts in glaze while they are still warm.
5) Top donuts with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet. Allow glaze to fully set, about 10 minutes.
6) Cut the pints into slices of ice cream and carefully remove the paper on the outside. Cut donuts in half and place ice cream slice on donut. If ice cream has started to soften and melt, freeze for 5 to 10 minutes.
7) Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.