Herbed Au Gratin Potatoes
Andre Prost Coconut Milk and Gruyere cheese are a perfect match for this classic dish.
Instructions1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9 x13 inch baking dish.
2) In a medium saucepan bring Coconut Milk, salt, garlic, rosemary, thyme and pepper to taste, to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside. Note: mixture will taste salty alone but not when combined with potatoes.
3) Wash potatoes well, slice thinly and cover with cold water. Set aside.
4) Melt butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture turns a golden brown color.
5) Slowly whisk in the herbed coconut milk, a bit at a time. Stirring, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
6) Drain potatoes and layer 1/3 on bottom of baking dish, overlapping each slice about half way. Pour 1/3 coconut sauce over potatoes and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, only reserving last cup of cheese for later.
7) Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 15-20 additional minutes. If potatoes are soft and a darker color is desired, broil potatoes until cheese is nicely browned. Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.