Fried Eggplant Pockets
Fried Eggplant Pockets are a classic Chinese dish that you can very easily replicate at home. Enjoy!
1) Cut the eggplants into 1/2 inch slices. Then carefully cut a slit in the middle of those slices. Do not cut all the way. This will make your “pocket.”
2) In a bowl, mix together ground pork, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, spring onion, ginger, cornstarch and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the coating until fully combined.
4) Fill a deep skillet about halfway full with oil and heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Stuff each eggplant pocket with pork mixture, then lightly coat in egg wash. Carefully add to hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
6) Whisk together ingredients for the dipping sauce. Serve with fried eggplant pockets and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.