Fried Cheese Stuffed Doritos
Calling all you cheese lovers out there! Prepare for the ultimate in spicy, cheesy goodness with these Fried Cheese Stuffed Doritos.
1) Crush Doritos so the consistency is similar to breadcrumbs. Pour in a bowl and add black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Mix well to combine.
2) Cut pepper jack cheese into 1/2 inch squares, then slice each square diagonally to make triangles.
3) Put 1 1/2 cups of flour in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
4) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and begin assembling. Lightly coat cheese in flour, then cover in egg wash. Finally, coat thoroughly with Doritos crumbs. Place coated cheese triangles on cookie sheet. Repeat until all the cheese has been coated. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours, or until completely frozen.
5) Remove from freeze and heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry Doritos covered cheese in oil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook or cheese will melt out.) Remove with slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
6) Serve immediately and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.