French Onion Soup Bread Bowl
Everyone loves a delicious bowl of soup, served in a perfectly delicious bread bowl. So make this yummy French Onion Soup Bread Bowl at your house! It’s a great French Onion Soup recipe, and it’s made even better when you tear into that tasty bread.
- Cut the top off the French bread bowl. Remove the insides, but make sure to leave enough to keep it sturdy. Chop up the pieces you removed. You’ll use these to top the soup with at the end. Put bread bowl on a lined baking tray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the butter and olive oil. Add thyme, bay leaf and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions soften and are just starting to caramelize. About 5 minutes.
- Remove thyme and bay leaf. Add red wine and simmer until wine is absorbed.
- Add garlic, flour and beef broth. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat.
- Add half the gruyere to the bottom of the bread bowl. Ladle soup into bread bowl and top with chopped bread and remaining gruyere.
- Broil until cheese melts and bread has crisped.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.