Know what’s going to make your day delicious and bright? Baking up a batch of Easy Calzones.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook until brown, crumbling the sausage as you stir. Add Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a plate.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, chopped parsley, salt and black pepper. Gently mix until combined.
- Add sausage to cheese and mix until combined.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until thin. Cut out circles, then spoon about 2 to 4 tablespoons of filling onto half of the dough circle. Fold half of the dough over itself, then press edges to seal. Place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly beat the remaining egg for egg wash. Brush calzones with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.