Double-Decker Carrot Cake
Say hello to your new favorite carrot cake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix and set aside.
- In another, larger bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until combined. Reduce mixer speed to medium and gradually add oil. Increase mixer speed and continue beating until fully combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until fully combined. Gently fold in shredded carrots.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While cake cools, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Add sour cream and continue beating until fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to medium and beat in 1 cube of cream cheese at a time, mixing until there are no lumps and frosting is fluffy and creamy.
- To frost the cakes, carefully remove from pan. Turn cake upside down (so you have a flat surface to frost), and spread about 1 cup of frosting over the cake. Top with second layer of cake. Frost the whole cake, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and shredded carrots. Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.