Double-Decker Carrot Cake
Say hello to your new favorite carrot cake recipe.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 round cake pans with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix and set aside.
3) In another, larger bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until combined. Reduce mixer speed to medium and gradually add oil. Increase mixer speed and continue beating until fully combined.
4) Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until fully combined. Gently fold in shredded carrots.
5) Divide batter evenly between cake pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool completely.
6) While cake cools, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Add sour cream and continue beating until fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to medium and beat in 1 cube of cream cheese at a time, mixing until there are no lumps and frosting is fluffy and creamy.
7) To frost the cakes, carefully remove from pan. Turn cake upside down (so you have a flat surface to frost), and spread about 1 cup of frosting over the cake. Top with second layer of cake. Frost the whole cake, making sure everything is evenly coated.
8) If desired, top with whipped cream and shredded carrots. Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.