Double Almond Bars
This delicious bar has two layers: an almond shortbread crust with a rich, sticky-sweet almond topping that has the texture of pecan pie. It is delightfully indulgent.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan.
- Place almonds in an ungreased skillet over a high heat. Shake continuously until lightly toasted. Transfer almonds to plate to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated Odense Almond Paste and sugar. Beat on low until the texture of sand. Add butter and mix until very smooth.
- Whisk flour and salt together. Add to almond mixture and mix until combined.
- Press dough evenly into pan. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is light golden.
- Meanwhile, add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract to a bowl. Beat until well-mixed. Stir in cooled almonds and spread over cooked crust.
- Bake an additional 16 to 18 minutes or until topping is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bar size of choice.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.