Cranberry Oat And Almond Biscotti
Oats give heartiness to this festive cookie, while Odense Almond Paste, cranberries and orange rind make a classic flavor combination.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small pan, bring liqueur or juice to a boil. Add cranberries and mix well. Cover and set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine grated Odense Almond Paste, flour, sugar, butter, orange rind, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Process until almond paste and butter are finely cut into ingredients. Add oats and pulse just to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add flour mixture. Add reserved cranberries and almonds. Mix until dough holds together. Turn out onto a lightly floured counter and divide in half.
- Roll each half into a log about 10 to 12 inches long. Transfer logs to baking sheet. Flatten to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on wire rack. (The addition of oats makes for a more crumbly biscotti dough to cut; it’s easier to cut if cool.)
- Cut each loaf into 3/4-inch slices (straight cut for smaller pieces; diagonal for longer pieces). Return slices to cookie sheet, cut-side down. Bake 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip cookies. Bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and store in an air-tight container.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.