Cranberry Almond Oat Squares
Sweet Odense Almond Paste combined with tart cranberries and oats make these squares a flavorful breakfast treat or snack.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper so sides overhang. (This helps to lift the whole cake out for cutting into squares.)
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine grated Odense Almond Paste, sugar, butter, flour, almond meal/flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Process until the texture of small crumbs. (This step can be done with a pastry blender, but the texture will not be as fine.) Pour contents into a large bowl.
- In the same food processor (don’t wash out), combine oats, cranberries and orange rind. Process until roughly chopped. Add to almond mixture and mix together.
- Add yogurt and eggs to processor and mix until well-combined. Pour into flour mixture and beat with spoon until dough forms. Add dough to pan and evenly press into same thickness.
- If desired, brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 28 to 32 minutes until top is golden and firm to touch. Cool on wire rack.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.