Cookie Monster Cupcakes
These Cookie Monster Cupcakes are an adorable treat the whole family will love.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner. Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched lightly in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting. Beat together butter, vanilla and whipping cream on medium-low speed until smooth and combined. Gradually add in powdered sugar. Once it’s all been added, beat on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Stir in 4 drops of blue coloring, adding more until the correct Cookie Monster color is achieved. Scoop into a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.
- To make the cupcake filling, combine crushed mini chocolate chip cookies with 4 tablespoons of milk. If it’s too dry, add a little more milk. You want it to be thick. Cut out the center of each cupcake, fill with cookie crumbs, and top with cupcake piece you removed.
- Frost with blue frosting. Top each cupcake with 2 candy eyes and 1 mini chocolate chip cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.