Classic Chinese Chow Mein
Home from work and thinking about calling your local Chinese restaurant for some chow mein? Don’t order it! Make it yourself with this super easy recipe for Classic Chinese Chow Mein! Plus, you can customize it however you like. Want chicken? Cook some chicken in the skillet before adding the cabbage. Prefer beef? Do the same thing. It’s easy and yummy.
Instructions1) Cook chow mien noodles one minute shy of package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat a large pan or wok on high heat. Add canola oil and cabbage. Cook cabbage for 2 to minutes until wilted.
3) Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4) Add the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce (or homemade substitute), oyster sauce and water and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
5) Add in the chow mein and bean sprouts. Toss to coat.
6) Garnish with sesame seeds, serve immediately and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.