Chocolate Filled Almond Coconut Macaroons
The combination of Odense Almond Paste with coconut and a decadent chocolate center makes this cookie reminiscent of an Almond Joy!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl or food processor, beat or process grated Odense Almond Paste, sugar and coconut until the texture of small crumbs. Gently fold beaten egg whites into mixture.
- Firmly fill and level off 1 tablespoon-size cookie scoop with dough. Drop scoops, 1 to 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets. With a dampened finger, make a small but deep indentation into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned and tops have a few touches of golden brown. Cool cookies on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate chips in a stainless bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. When chocolates are almost melted, stir in chocolate-hazelnut spread and mix until combined. Set aside and cool to lukewarm.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture into a plastic bag and cut off one corner. Twist bag and squeeze to fill indentations. Top with one roasted almond. When chocolate is completely set, store cookies in an air-tight plastic container between layers of wax paper.
*TEST KITCHEN TIP: A cookie scoop with a wire release works best for any cookie but especially this one, which is a bit sticky.*
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.