Chicken Fried Steak
Chicken Fried Steak is a mealtime classic. This recipe is super easy to follow and incredibly delicious. Give it a try!
Instructions1) Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper evenly over steaks.
2) In a large bowl, combine saltine cracker crumbs, 1 cup flour, baking powder, red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 3/4 cup milk and a pinch of salt.
4) Dredge steaks in cracker mixture, dip in milk mixture and dredge again in cracker mixture. Make sure steaks are thoroughly coated.
5) Pour oil into a 12-inch skillet and heat to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry steaks for 3 to 4 minutes, turn and continue frying for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate or wire rack.
6) Carefully drain hot oil from skillet, reserving cooked bits and 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet. Whisk together remaining 4 cups milk, 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Add milk mixture to skillet, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until it becomes a thick gravy.
7) Serve steak alongside mashed potatoes and green beans. Garnish with parsley and cover in gravy. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.