California Tamale Pie
This California Tamale Pie is like a giant turkey tamale! And don’t forget about all that yummy cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add turkey to a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chili seasoning and salt. Cook until turkey is browned.
- Add salsa, corn and cilantro to skillet. Mix until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix, eggs and milk. Whisk together, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spread half of the corn bread batter in the bottom of an oven-safe skillet or baking dish. Top with turkey mixture, California Oaxaca cheese, the rest of the corn bread batter and more California Oaxaca cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.When serving, top with salsa, California queso fresco and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.