California Berry Tres Leches Cake
How do you improve on the blissful perfection that is tres leches cake? By adding fresh berries and using butter from RealCaliforniaMilk, that’s how.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter with whole milk and 1 tablespoon vanilla in a pan over medium-low heat, being careful not to burn. Set aside and let cool.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl, then whisk in the sugar until dissolved. Thoroughly add in the wet mix from step 1.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the wet batter.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with Real California Butter, then pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the condensed milk into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. Mix in strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, then add evaporated milk, heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Using a wooden spoon handle or something similar, poke holes in the cake 1-2 inches apart. Pour the berry-milk mixture over the cake, making sure the cake is completely covered. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Shortly before serving, make the frosting: In a bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer or a whisk until stiff peaks form. Spread the frosting over the cake, then top with mixed berries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.