Cajun Fried Chicken With Cheddar Waffles Presented by Shipt
Do you often find yourself craving fried chicken and waffles? Do you often find yourself without one or more of the ingredients to make fried chicken and waffles? If the answer to either of those questions is “yes,” then prepare to get excited over this Cajun Fried Chicken With Cheddar Waffles recipe. Not only is it delicious, but if you’re missing any ingredients you can have Shipt deliver them up for you! We know! Amazing! Click here to get $20 off your first Shipt delivery.
Instructions1) In a ziploc bag combine buttermilk, garlic and hot sauce. Place chicken in bag and toss to coat well. Remove as much air as possible from the bag & refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (maximum of 12).
2) To create flour mixture: Mix flour and the rest of the breading ingredients in a large bowl.
3) To create egg wash: Combine eggs, cream, paprika & Cajun seasoning in a medium sized bowl or dish and refrigerate.
4) Make your waffle batter now according to the box instructions and set aside. Add a little extra butter if you want a crispier waffle.
5) Start heating oil for chicken and the waffle iron. Remove chicken from buttermilk and egg wash from the fridge.
6) Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and then into the egg wash. Repeat this process again to ensure a nice crust on the chicken.
7) Once oil is hot enough (350-365 Fahrenheit) add the chicken pieces. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan. After 4 to 6 minutes flip the chicken over to cook any exposed crust. Then start your waffle. Spray the waffle maker liberally with a non-stick spray and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese into the maker. Next add your batter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and close.
8) Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towel. Place waffle on plate or platter top with 2-3 pieces of fried chicken. Have a little syrup on hand as well. Serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.