Blackberry Buttermilk Donuts
- Fresh blackberries won't give you the thick glaze that we're looking for. Don't ask us why but we tried it, and the glaze wasn't nearly as beautiful as when we used frozen berries.
- If you have a jumbo Vitamix, you'll probably need to double the glaze to get the right amount of fluid to get traction for blending. It will be too much, but that just gives you an excuse to make more donuts!
1) Preheat donut maker.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and continue whisking until smooth.
3) Fill donut molds to the top with batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Use a fork to gently remove donuts and set aside to cool completely.
4) To make the glaze, pulse blackberries, buttermilk and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and blend until thick and smooth. Add additional powdered sugar until desired glaze consistency is reached.
5) Dip tops of cooled donuts in blackberry glaze and place on a wire rack until glaze hardens, at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a fresh blackberry for a little something extra!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.