Beet Red Velvet Cake
Organic beet red velvet cake with creamy organic vanilla frosting.
Instructions1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
2) Place beet chunks in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue to boil until beet is fork tender, about 12 - 14 minutes. Carefully remove beet chunks from pot, reserving a few tablespoons of cooking water.
3) Place half of the beet chunks (reserve the other half for decorating the cake) in a blender, food processor or immersion blender. Begin blending and add 1 tablespoon of cooking water at a time until a smooth puree forms. Add buttermilk to blender and pulse until smooth.
4) In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together eggs, oil and beet puree. Add in cocoa powder and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, and continue mixing until fully combined.
5) Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cakes cool in pans on wire rack for 12 - 15 minutes, then turn out cakes onto rack to cool completely.
6) Place one cake layer on a plate and cover with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting. Repeat with remaining layer on top for a beautiful 2-layer cake. Double the recipe if you want a taller, 4-layer cake!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.