BBQ Cornbread Poke Cake
This BBQ Cornbread Poke Cake is savory and delicious! Try it for dinner tonight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add cornbread mix, milk and eggs. Mix until fully combined. Pour into a greased cast-iron skillet or any oven-safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add sour cream, avocado, salt, pepper and lime juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cornbread. Pour BBQ sauce over bread and spread it around, so the sauce gets into the holes. Top with chicken and cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and slightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Serve with avocado cream sauce, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.