Baked General Tso’s Chicken
Skip takeout and make this recipe for Baked General Tso’s Chicken. It’s so easy and so good, you’ll never settle for takeout General Tso’s Chicken again!
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Coat cubed chicken first in flour, then eggs and finally in crushed corn flakes. Make sure they're fully coated. Place on baking sheet.
3) Bake chicken for 13 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and corn flakes are golden.
4) While chicken cooks, make the sauce. To a medium sauce pan add chicken broth, tomato paste, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar and sugar. Whisk until combined. Bring to a gentle boil.
5) Whisk together cornstarch and cold water to make a cornstarch slurry. Whisk slurry into sauce. Cook sauce for a few more minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
6) Place baked chicken in a large pan over low heat. Pour sauce over chicken and stir until chicken is fully coated. Stir in sesame seeds and Chinese chilies.
7) Remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.