Bacon Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
Calling all you mac and cheese fans! Put a twist on your favorite meal with this Bacon Jalapeño Mac & Cheese dish! It’s salty, it’s spicy, it’s baked, it’s delicious and it’s perfect!
Instructions1) Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) In an oven-safe skillet, over medium-high heat, cook bacon. When done, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Sauté diced jalapeños in bacon grease for 4 to 7 minutes, or until jalapeños have softened.
4) Add half and half. When it starts to bubble, add Velveeta and mix together thoroughly. Salt to taste and add in cooked bacon. Cook for 1 minute. Gently pour cooked pasta into cheese sauce. Stir until pasta is coated.
5) Remove from heat, cover pasta evenly with shredded cheddar, then with crushed potato chips.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
*Note: if you don’t have an oven safe pan/skillet, follow steps 1 through 4 in a normal pan. With step 5, pour mac and cheese into a casserole dish, and continue as normal.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.