Apple Pie Bars
Who said that you can only eat apple pie in pie form? You can eat it anyway you want! Like these Apple Pie Bars. And the best part? You can make them however you want. Not a fan of walnuts? Ditch ’em. Love chocolate chips? Add in 1/2 cup! It’s all up to you.
Instructions1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Using a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, and continue mixing until combined. Add egg, cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla extract. Mix. Very gradually add flour, and beat until fully combined and fluffy.
3) To your batter, add the diced apples and chopped walnuts. Fold in gently until mixed well.
4) Pour batter into a greased baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5) To make the icing, gradually add milk to powdered sugar until the desired consistency is achieved. Don't add all the milk at once. If the frosting looks too wet, add more powdered sugar. Too dry, add more milk.
6) Remove apple pie from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into bars, top with icing and powdered sugar, serve and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.