Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Odense Almond Paste gives this classic cookie an extra rich flavor and moist dough.
Instructions1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit. Line baking trays with parchment.
2) Finely chop almonds with 2 tablespoons sugar in food processor, fitted with a metal blade, or with a nut chopper. Set aside.
3) Add grated almond paste and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat until texture of fine crumbs. This step can be done in a food processor and then poured into a mixing bowl.
4) Add butter to almond mixture and beat until creamy. Add egg and yolk, beating well between each. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract.
5) Whisk flour with salt and fold into butter mixture until just incorporated
6) With a one tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and level off. Shape into balls and roll balls in reserved sugar-almond mix.
7) Place balls on cookie tray about 2 inches apart (work with one tray at a time keeping remaining dough in refrigerator).
8) Make a small indentation in the middle of each ball with your index finger or thumb. Fill each indentation with jam, being careful not to overfill.
9) Bake cookies for 13 -15 minutes or until very lightly golden. Cool on wire racks. Repeat until all dough is used up.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.