Erupting Volcano Cake
- Prepare Bob’s Red Mill Cake Mix according to package directions. Once cakes are cooled, cut out circles in the middle of each cake using a large cylinder cup. Use a cup that will be as tall as the cake, but not taller than the cake.
- Assemble the cake on a sheet pan. Place the cup in the middle of the pan and place the first layer of cake around the cup. Frost with chocolate frosting, then repeat with each layer as you go. Once assembled, use a bread knife to trim the outside of the cake to form into a volcano shape. Then frost the outside with the remaining chocolate frosting.
- Once fully frosted, drizzle the melted red, orange, and yellow frosting over the top of the volcano to represent the lava. Then, spread cocoa pebbles around the base of the cake filling the whole sheet pan.
- Next, prepare the lava filling by adding 1 package D’Gari Strawberry Gelatin Dessert with 2 cups of boiling water. Stir until dissolved then add 2 cups cold water.
- Pour liquid jello into the cup in the middle of the cake using a funnel. Fill until it just about reaches the top, leaving some space for the dry ice to be added.
- When ready to serve the Erupting Volcano Cake, add a piece of dry ice into the cup in the middle of the cake and watch it erupt lava! Wait until the dry ice has dissolved before cutting and serving the Erupting Volcano Cake.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.