Eggplant “Bolognese” with Burrata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the whole eggplant on the middle rack for 1 hour. Take the eggplant out when it’s soft in the middle. Let cool.
- Make the bolognese sauce by cooking down the onion with olive oil in a pot or dutch oven first for a couple minutes. Then add in the garlic, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until the carrots soften.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, basil, parmesan rind, oregano and give a mix.
- Peel and finely chop the eggplant and add it onto the mix.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for an hour until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta in another pot to al dente, drain and set aside. Save some of the pasta water to add to the sauce later.
- When the bolognese is ready and seasoned to your liking toss the pasta in with it along with the rest of the pasta water.
- Serve over the pasta and garnish with fresh basil and a scoop of burrata cheese.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.