Easy Cheesy Tex-Mex Meatballs
What better way to satisfy that cheese and meat craving than with these quick and easy meatballs? Flavorful chipotle peppers and a layer of melted cheese give these meatballs a delicious, Tex-Mex edge. Enjoy them alone or in a sub sandwich. This truly delicious recipe is guaranteed to indulge your savory cravings — and steal the show at any social gathering.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup Mexican cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, cumin, jalapeno, and egg. Mix gently and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 12 evenly sized meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add meatballs and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. When the meatballs have a slight crust, remove them from the skillet.
- Add more olive oil and the onions to the skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and bring the mixture to boil.
- Decrease heat and then add meatballs back to skillet. Cover with a lid and let simmer until the meatballs are cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Cover meatballs with the remaining 1 cup of cheese, cover the skillet again, and cook until the cheese is melted about 2 minutes. Top with fresh parsley, if desired, and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.