Doritos-Crusted Chicken Sliders
- Cut each thigh in half.
- Place 2 halves into a ziplock bag at a time. Lightly pound the thighs with a meat mallet to make a little bit thinner. Remove thighs from the bag repeat with the rest of the thighs.
- Once pounded, place all the thighs back into the bag and cover with buttermilk. Soak in buttermilk for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Shred the ¼ head of green cabbage into thin strips.
- Slice the red onion as thinly as you can.
- Peel and grate the carrot with a box grater.
- Slice the pepperoncini’s into thin rounds.
- Combine the cabbage, red onion, carrot, and pepperoncini in a bowl. Dress with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, about 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve the sliders.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour Doritos into ziplock and seal. Using the same mallet that you pounded the chicken, crush the Doritos. Place Doritos into a container or onto a plate.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat to a homogeneous consistency.
- Pour flour into a container or onto a plate.
- Set up your breading station, from left to right. Chicken in buttermilk, flour, eggs, Doritos, baking tray with Silpat or parchment (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
- Take the chicken out of buttermilk and let drain. Season with salt and then put into flour. Coat chicken with flour and then into the egg mixture. Coat with egg, making sure there are no dry flour parts. Once coated, drain for a second and then put onto Doritos and coat. Once breaded with Doritos, place chicken onto sheet tray lined with a silpat (if you don’t have a Silpat, use parchment and spray with non-stick spray). Repeat the process until all chicken is breaded.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- While chicken is baking, make your spicy mayo. Mix together your mayo and chili’s.
- Assemble the sliders: Cut each bun in half. Smother both halves of a bun with the spicy mayo. The more the merrier! Place a nice amount of dressed slaw on the bottom bun, then the chicken on top of the slaw, then top with the other bun.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.