Crispy Fish Tacos With Jalapeño Sauce
1. Add all the jalapeño sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Cut the fish into 2-3 inch pieces and dry with paper towels.
3. Put the flour in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk cornmeal, chili powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg and then the beer and whisk until smooth.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot until it reaches 350°F (180°C). The fish should be partially submerged while frying.
5. Dip each piece of fish in the plain flour, then the batter, then transfer to the hot oil. Fry on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt while still hot; let cool slightly.
7. Assemble your tacos: add a few pieces of fish, cilantro and cheese into a tortilla shell and top with jalapeño sauce.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.