Take your taste buds on a smooth jolly ride with the incredibly delicious crispy baked buffalo chicken fingers. The journey of a thousand flavors starts with a bite of these juicy chicken fingers.
You don’t have to worry about dinner or appetizers any more, this recipe is perfect for you. It is easy to make and doesn’t get your kitchen too messy. They are baked which makes them a healthier alternative to fried buffalo chicken wings because it contains less fat – seriously, how more perfect can this recipe be?
Get ready to make extra crispy buffalo chicken fingers with this recipe. The secret lies in the coating – coat the chicken fingers with a mixture of milk, flour, eggs, and corn flakes to add the crunchy feel before baking.
Making crispy buffalo chicken wings follows three basic steps: coating, baking, drizzling with sauce, in that order. The best thing about chicken fingers is the sauce. Buffalo wing sauce from Sweet Baby Ray’s was used for this recipe. It adds extra flavor and enhances the taste of the dish. To make the chicken fingers absorb the sauce well, make sure you coat them when they are still warm.
For maximum enjoyment, serve your crispy baked buffalo chicken wings with a dipping of your choice – we recommend blue cheese dipping sauce with some Worcestershire sauce to add that extra rich, creamy and spicy feel. You can also add chopped carrots and celery dressing if you like.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts – 1 1/2 pounds
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Corn flakes cereal – 5 cups
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweet Baby Ray’s buffalo wing sauce – 1 cup
- Smoked paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pound chicken breasts and cut into strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment baking paper. Set aside.
- Put the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and corn flakes into a food processor. Pulse the cereals until they are broken down. Pour into a large bowl.
- Pour some flour into another bowl and then whisk the eggs and milk together in another bowl.
- Use the flour to cover each chicken strip. Then, dip in the egg mixture and let any excess drip off. Roll in the corn flakes, shake excesses off and place the chicken strips on the already prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Bake both sides until the outside is crisp and the centers are thoroughly cooked, this should take an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then carefully place the chicken fingers into a large bowl. Drizzle the buffalo sauce on top and stir gently to coat. Taste and add more sauce if required. Serve warm with blue cheese dipping sauce.
Note: You can keep leftover chicken fingers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.