Cookies and Cream Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease 2-3 donut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt,
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix into the
flour mixture just until incorporated with no lumps. Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a large Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe the
batter into the prepared donuts pan. Each cavity should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 10-12
minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely to
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat in the milk,
peppermint extract and vanilla extract to create a smooth glaze.
- Place the finely crushed cookies into a wide bowl. Place half of the cream cheese glaze into a
separate bowl and the remaining half into a pastry bag with a thin tip or a Ziploc bag with a small
piece of the corner snipped off.
- Dip the top of each donut into the cream cheese glaze. Allow any excess to drip off, then
dip the glaze-covered doughnut into the crushed cookies to fully coat. Place back on the wire
rack, cookie-side up.
- Drizzle the remaining glaze in the pastry bag over each of the donuts. Serve immediately
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.