Churro Cheesecake Taquitos
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Once the sugar has dissolved into the cream cheese add the cream and cinnamon sugar. Mix until light and fluffy, set aside
- Heat a small pan over low heat and lightly warm each tortilla until soft and pliable.
- Working quickly roll each tortilla up tightly, securing them with a toothpick to created a hollow cylinder. Repeat this process until all of the taquitos have been formed into a canoli-like shape.
- Heat the canola oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Test the oil to see if it’s hot enough by adding a tiny piece of tortilla. If the tortilla quickly bubbles and begins to brown, add the taquitos to the pan working in batches of 3.
- Allow the taquitos to fry undisturbed on the first side for 3-4 minutes or until the edges are turning a golden brown.
- Very carefully flip the taquitos using a slotted spoon or tongs then allow to fry for another 3-4 minutes on the second side.
- Remove the taquitos from the pan and immediately coat in the cinnamon sugar.
- Using a piping bag, fill each taquito with the churro cheesecake mixture. To serve, stack the taquitos on a large plate along side a bowl of chocolate fudge Top with whipped cream and drizzle over caramel sauce if desired . Enjoy immediately!
- Step 8 – Add more steps if need
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.