Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole
- Cook egg noodles in a large pot of boiling water, just until al dente, or even 1-2 minutes less. (The noodles will continue to cook later when baked). Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese, egg, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Melt butter in an extra-large saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion. Saute until translucent. Add in garlic, and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried basil. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth, about a cup at a time, until mixture is thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken, noodles, and cheese mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or dried basil, if needed.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13’’ baking dish (or you can bake it right in an oven-safe saucepan it is in). Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.