Cherry Pie Mummies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 16 circles out of store-bought pie dough using a 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place eight of the pie dough circles on the lined baking sheet, spaced out a bit.
- Cut the remaining 8 circles into small strips using a pizza cutter. These strips will be the “gauze” for your Mummy Halloween Treats.
- Mix vanilla into cherry pie filling.
- Place a small spoonful of cherry pie filling in the center of each pie circle.
- Top the pie filling with the pie strips to create mummy bandages. Then use a fork to “crimp” together with the edges of the pie dough strips and the bottom circles of pie dough.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of each pie.
- Place the pies in the preheated oven and bake for10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then add two candy eyes to the top of each pie to look like mummies.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.